2019 LETR Final Leg
CALLING ALL GUARDIANS!
Please join law enforcement agencies from around the state for the “Final Leg” of the Florida Law Enforcement Torch Run to open the Special Olympics Florida State Summer Games Friday, May 17, 2019! The journey of the Flame of Hope culminates at Disney’s ESPN Wide World of Sports in Lake Buena Vista. The entrance of the Torch, carried by the Guardians of the Flame, escorted by motorcycles and patrol vehicles, is the highlight of the Opening Ceremony.
The evening will begin with dinner on Market Street in Downtown Celebration. Check in, have some dinner, and relax before the run begins. Schedule will be shared when details are confirmed, but typically, the evening begins between 4:30pm and 5:00pm.
There are several ways to participate:
- Run the entire 5.5 miles from Celebration to ESPN Wide World of Sports
- Run any part of the run, hop in a vehicle and ride the rest
- Meet at the stadium and participate in the run into the stadium (less than a mile at a shuffle).
- Cruiser, specialty vehicle or motor
- Honor Guard
- Wear full Honor Guard uniform, and be part of the “Guardian of the Flame escort” as you bring several torches through the stadium and onto the field preceding the arrival of the runners.
- Spectator: DON’T RUN?
- Drive yourself to the stadium, sit with the athletes and fans, and watch as the Torch enters (spectators may enter the stadium free of charge after 7:00).
We are proud to honor you and your agency by inviting you to participate in this very inspirational experience. The support of our law enforcement community has truly changed the lives of our athletes by giving them hope, courage, and joy. The 4,000+ athletes, volunteers and coaches in attendance will honor you with a tribute that you will always remember as you pass the torch to an athlete who will light the cauldron, signifying the Opening of the Games.
For accommodation please see: Hotel Information
If you have any questions, call or email Laura: 407.402.4423 firstname.lastname@example.org