LET’S GET STARTED!
STEP 1: REGISTER
Register and Goal Set
- Customize your team page with an inspiring message and upload a video or photo!
- Personalize your Personal Page with your personal reason for fundraising and upload a video or photo!
- Make a personal donation.
- Work with your Special Olympics Florida staff partner to devise a plan that includes fundraising targets and ensure our mission is at the core of your campaign.
- Set a goal that will make a significant impact!
- Recruit a team ambassador or ask your staff partner for mission stories to share with your team throughout the campaign.
STEP 2: RECRUIT
- Does your company have more than one team? Work with your staff partner to host a Team Captain training.
- Follow up the training with a company-wide email from an executive encouraging employee to sign up online and start fundraising.
- Promote your team’s efforts via social media. Share a photo, your goal, and let people know how they can sign up to support the team. If you are on a company team, work with your marketing or public relations department to help promote your campaign.
- Send updates every week to celebrate progress and encourage your team members!
STEP 3: FUNDRAISE
- Meet with each team member to help them start fundraising. Have them list friends, neighbors, and local organizations they plan to reach out to.
- Check-in with your team members and celebrate their successes!
- Arrange incentives to motivate your team, such as a free lunch or coffee.
- Arrange to make or have signs made to represent your team on the event day.
- What will your team wear? Get creative with your team and make team shirts, themed costumes, or even matching outfits.
- Continue to promote the mission of Special Olympics Florida and goals through social media, email, and text with your team members.
STEP 4: RUN/WALK
Get Ready to Celebrate our Champions!
- Organize your team and celebrate your success on the event day!
- Contact your team members and get them excited about the event day.
- Send thank-you notes to each team member!
- Share your photos on social media and use #SOFL when you post!
Who to Ask
- Neighbors, Friends, and Family Members
- Work Colleagues
- Local Coffee Shops or Restaurants
- Hair and Beauty Salons
- Landscaping Companies
- Local Grocers
- Daycare Centers
- Doctor/Dentist Offices
- Insurance Providers
Let me know how I may help!
Danielle Myers | 352-243-9536 | DanielleMyers@sofl.org